Norman J. Pastorek, MD, PC, FACS
Facial Plastic Surgeons located in New York, NY & Madison, CT
Committed to continually offering patients the newest effective skin rejuvenation treatments, facial plastic surgeon Norman Pastorek, MD, and Janice Pastorek, BSN, RN, offer the most advanced laser procedures, along with, platelet-rich fibrin (PRF) therapy at their state-of-the-art office located in the Upper East Side of Manhattan in New York City and Madison, CT.
Skin Rejuvenation Q & A
What is platelet-rich fibrin (PRF)?
Platelet-rich fibrin (PRF), an advanced form of platelet-rich plasma (PRP), is a regenerative medicine therapy. It uses concentrated fibrin (10 times more than usual) derived from your blood, to stimulate growth factors you normally produce to help you heal and regenerate your skin. It is used as a stand-alone treatment or in post-operative care to jump-start healing. The treatment entails extracting a small vial or tube of your blood. We then spin the tube in a centrifuge at a low speed to separate the red blood cells from the plasma and fibrin. The plasma containing platelets, fibrin, leukocyte, and mesenchymal stem cells is a clear yellow fluid that once injected helps your body heal and focuses on mending. We usually combine this procedure with some type of micro-needling or laser treatment to help reverse unwanted skin conditions and give the healing factors a focus to work on. The plasma with activated platelets is delivered into your skin by injection with a micro-fine needle or device that minimizes discomfort and/or bruising. Brown spots, fine lines, large pores, dull skin, loss of volume, and acne scars can benefit from platelet-rich fibrin (PRF) treatments.
What kind of technologies does Dr. Pastorek use to assist PRF in rejuvenating your skin?
Dr. Pastorek and his wife, renowned medical skin specialist Janice Pastorek, utilize a variety of cutting-edge laser skin treatments. These treatments can be used individually or combined to enhance results. Some of our technologies include:
- Novalis Clareon - the Clareon IPL arm employs intense pulsed light to improve the appearance of red and darker discolored patches, acne scars, hyperpigmentation, and brown spots. It uses krypton light that is cooler and more effective for treating these issues, making it a more comfortable experience. The Clareon ST arm can be used to firm and tighten sagging skin.
- Clear and Brilliant - a leading fractional laser that delivers smoother, younger-looking skin via a handheld device that is gently moved across your skin. This 30-minute treatment boosts collagen production as it evens out skin tone and may reduce the appearance of large pores. The Clear and Brilliant Permea arm is used to enhance the removal of brown pigments, lesions and sun damage. It can increase the penetration of appropriate topical products up to 17 times greater than normal, making them more effective.
- Venus Viva - a radiofrequency device microneedling device that incorporates magnetic energy to reduce fat and/or firm and tighten the appearance of your skin.
- VariLite laser - targets vascular and pigmentation skin flaws including spider veins, enlarged capillaries, freckles, hair, and more.
- Phoenix laser - a CO2 fractional laser that reduces the signs of aging of your hands. It can improve color, tone and texture.
- Micro-needling is also used as a pre-treatment results booster with PRF.
Why should I choose Dr. Pastorek and Janice Pastorek for my skin rejuvenation treatments?
This renowned husband and wife team has unparalleled expertise in skin rejuvenation treatments and countless satisfied patients to prove it. Dr. Pastorek brings over three decades of experience to his practice of skin and facial rejuvenation and has been honored by his peers as one of “The Best Doctors in America” and “America’s Top Doctors”, every year since the awards’ inceptions. In 2016, Dr. Pastorek was chosen to be the esteemed Joseph Lecturer by the European Academy of Facial Plastic Surgery. Janice Pastorek has been a consultant and advisor to physicians and numerous major beauty corporations worldwide. This includes Unilever, Dusa Pharmaceuticals, Estee Lauder, Coty, Guerlain, Camay, Dove, Vaseline Intensive Care and Mustela. Both are dedicated to staying abreast of all new techniques and technologies in the field of skin rejuvenation.
Words from our patients
" Dr. Pastorek and all of his staff did an excellent job of calming my nerves and making me feel very comfortable. I recommend Dr. Pastorek to absolutely everyone. "
"Dr Pastorek is also very supportive and cares for the comfort of his patients throughout the entire procedure from consultation to end result. "
"Dr. Pastorek and his staff were kind, respectful and helpful through the entire process... I felt that I was their only patient, never rushing me. "
"Dr. Norman and Mrs. Janice Pastorek are the best team in NYC. I have had over 25 years of experience with them and I can say that there is no plastic surgeon better."
"Dr. Pastorek definitely has high ratings on every site you look for a reason.. he is a perfectionist and for good reason. I would recommend him to absolutely anyone."